With over 34 years of experience, LePatner is nationally recognized for providing strategic advice to clients undertaking capital projects. LePatner helps its clients define a real estate or facility need, align their capital program objectives with their overall business goals, and can help them oversee every phase of their project’s development and execution.
LePatner is the premier construction advisor to corporations, institutions, developers, and individual real estate owners and investors. LePatner is your dedicated intermediary and ombudsman throughout the planning and construction process. On each project, LePatner employs the right combination of experienced attorneys, project consultants and experts to provide fully integrated project solutions. LePatner protects its client’s interests from initial strategic project planning to occupancy and beyond. This differentiates LePatner from other construction advisors.
To that end, we created LePatner Project Solutions LLC, a project management service dedicated to ensuring the kind of day-to-day oversight of a project demanded in order to avoid unexpected cost overruns and delays. Working together on your behalf, LePatner & Associates LLP and LPS reduce uncertainty in the construction process and return control and confidence to owners, allowing them to remain focused on their core business operations. LePatner’s sum is greater than its parts and is a cost-effective solution for owners facing capital project challenges.
Highlights of our combined construction advisory and project management experience include:
- The non-profit American Physical Society: LePatner served as construction counsel and project manager for this 30,000 square foot office gut renovation and 18,000 square foot addition to its scientific research office building in the ecologically sensitive Central Pine Barrens in eastern Long Island. The facility features a new energy efficient envelope, HVAC and lighting systems, a “Green Screen” vegetated wall, and restoration of native habitat on the five acre site. The construction was phased to minimize costly relocation expenses for APS’s employees.
- The non-profit New York Junior Tennis & Learning: LePatner is serving as construction counsel and project manager for NYJT&L’s new Cary Leeds Tennis Center located in Crotona Park in the Bronx. A new 10,000sf clubhouse and learning center, new stadium courts and viewing decks, and a new 10-court tennis bubble are all part of the project that LePatner has been managing for the client and the NYC Department of Parks & Recreation.
- Tiffany & Company’s SoHo store: LePatner served as construction counsel and project manager for this 15,000sf, bi-level, block-through ultra-luxury retail location. LePatner managed the design and construction teams for this fast-track project and helped secure City Landmark approval.
- The Core Club, a 25,000-square-foot, private health and culture club in Midtown Manhattan: Spread over five floors, the Club contains a screening room, a restaurant and lounge, a fitness center, a library, and a full-service spa and salon. LePatner served as project manager during the two-year build out.
- The Instituto Cervantes, the Spanish government’s cultural center situated near the United Nations: LePatner guided the project through a challenging Landmarks Commission approval process, then set in motion an accelerated construction program that ensured timely completion of the project. LePatner also provided project management oversight.
- The Loeb Central Park Boathouse renovations: LePatner helped prepare the proposal that allowed the Boathouse’s current operator to win the concessionaire’s operating license. LePatner then oversaw completion of extensive renovations and additions to the lakeside dining terrace, banquet facilities and new kitchen, which was a modular addition to minimize disruption and impacts to Central Park.
- The Carlyle Hotel: LePatner prepared a full Property Condition Assessment Report for Rosewood Hotels before it purchased the hotel. Following the purchase, LePatner project-managed the renovation of the hotel’s landmarked upper facade, and helped untangle several issues pertaining to the hotel’s Certificate of Occupancy.
- Various residential projects, including full gut renovations in townhouses, apartments, and multi-family buildings.
- An underground parking lot conversion in the underutilized cellar of a downtown Manhattan office building.
LePatner’s unique combination of legal counsel and project management services allows its clients to reap the benefits of full representation from start to finish of the construction process.
In today’s fast-paced construction environment, owners gain maximum protection when construction issues and legal issues are coordinated. Our clients enjoy peace of mind knowing that their projects are moving forward toward successful completion. Brad Cronk, a registered architect and LEED Accredited Professional, heads LePatner’s project management division.