Healthcare Institution Services
Regulatory Compliance and Corporate Governance Services
LePatner advises healthcare institutions on regulatory compliance and corporate governance in respect to construction projects they undertake or have recently completed. Our healthcare clients rely upon LePatner’s extensive knowledge of the construction industry as well as our experience overseeing internal construction-related audits and investigations on behalf of our institutional and corporate clients.
To ensure effective representation of its institutional healthcare clients, LePatner provides in-house industry-leading forensic investigators and construction monitors whose experience includes active oversight of major construction projects from Ground Zero in Manhattan to post-Katrina rebuilding in Louisiana.
LePatner reports to clients on an interim and final basis with its findings and recommendations for planning, implementing and managing corrective actions. Such plans improve construction oversight practices, increase operational efficiency, save time and money, and ensure that the client’s practices comport with the regulatory and legal framework in which they operate.
Hospital Board audit committees retain LePatner for:
- Internal investigations of their construction project practices in the context of State and Federal regulatory compliance and oversight
- Preparation and review of internal corporate policies addressing legal and governance matters
- Implementing “Freeze Notices” at their facilities
- Overseeing investigatory imaging of hospital servers and computers used by relevant hospital employees in order to prevent destruction or spoliation of evidence related to the client’s investigation.
- Existing construction contract reviews and/or drafting amendments
- Overseeing audits of the constructor’s books and records